The threat landscape is rapidly evolving and organizations are having a harder time keeping up. The negative consequences of security incidents continue to be more impactful. The trends, unfortunately, are favoring the adversaries:
- Attackers getting better and faster than the defenders. Attackers now compromise organizations in days or even hours, while it takes defenders weeks or even months to discover that they have been compromised. This gap is increasing.
- The number of incidents detected continues to grow. Organizations are detecting 25 percent more incidents than last year. While some of this may be the result of better detection, it still points to the growing number of incidents that need to be responded to and handled--not to mention the time pressure.
- The financial costs of incidents are rising, particularly among organizations reporting high dollar-value impact.
- There is a major shortage of skilled cybersecurity professionals, more than any other role within IT.
- SourceFire Next Generation Intrusion Prevention System (NGIPS) breach alerts integration with EnCase Cybersecurity
- EnCase Cybersecurity automated Snapshot of volatile digital evidence
- ThreatGRID integration with EnCase for malware analysis and intelligence
- Remediation on the endpoints / deep forensic analysis / continuous monitoring.
- Proactive breach and threat detection with SourceFire NGIPS
- Analysis of unknown threat files in ~5-30 minutes with ThreatGRID
- Remediation across the enterprise with EnCase Cybersecurity
- Decreases the time between detection and remediation
- Increases the productivity and efficiency of security professionals to manage threats
- Reduces risks and associated costs by lowering the exposure to related breaches
- Increases the accuracy of malware analysis and threat intelligence.
Jessica Bair, EnCE, EnCEP
Sr. Manager, Business Development
Advanced Threat Solutions - Cisco Security Group